Cozumel, the largest island in Mexico.
One of the most relaxing places for vacation and the leading destination in Mexico.
Calm beaches with crystal clear water and unforgettable sunsets by the sea, among other natural wonders, make Cozumel the best showcase to get away from the big cities and enjoy the authentic Caribbean life.
What to do in Cozumel?
There are many activities to do in Cozumel, here are some of the most important: One of the best places to dive and snorkel are Cozumel’s reefs!
They are the main tourist attraction; Internationally recognized reefs as one of the best places to practice and get certified in diving and snorkelling. Being part of the second largest barrier reef in the world, the island’s waters are a paradise for contemplating species such as rays, turtles and multi colored fish. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, we guarantee you will be amazed!
Take a tour of the Cozumel beaches and don’t forget to visit “El Cielo Cozumel” and enjoy the most beautiful starfish in Mexico. Like other destinations in the Mexican Caribbean, Cozumel offers beautiful beaches with soft sand in light colors and a turquoise sea. You can choose either mild and low waves in the western area, or semi-virgin beaches with a slightly stronger sea current in the eastern part.
You can also enjoy some public beaches such as: Palancar beach, Mia beach, San Juan beach, Corona beach, Punta Sur beach, Chen Río beach, Punta Morena beach, Passion Island Cozumel, Barracuda beach.
- Visit the Island center: San Miguel de Cozumel, as the island is known, has a fairly pleasant provincial air to walk and relax. The downtown area is characterized for having cheaper accommodation than the well-known all inclusive hotels. Here you will find several incredible restaurants and a variety of stores.
- Shopping: Trips to Cozumel are also motivated by Duty Free or tax-free purchases, specifically for products such as perfumes and silver jewelry.
- Trolley tour: You can also get to know a little more about the island by using the Trolley tour! Travel on a beautiful train that will guide you through the most important points of this beautiful destination.
- Local tours: We recommend wild tours if you want to experience moments of adventure and fun. If you would like to live the local experience, then the best option is The Mayan Cacao Company that will make you live moments like a true “Cozumeleño”.
- Sports activities: In Cozumel, several sporting events are held nationally and internationally, such as the triathlon, marathon, the GFNY and Ironman Cozumel! If this is not for you, you always have the option of exploring the different diving certifications. Don’t forget that with Winjet you can travel with your bike at no additional cost!